It’s a good question!
- A high-performance driving specialist at the helm
- Professional, performance driving tips
- Pre-visited and personally selected accommodation: We never rely on reviews – instead, we stay at every lodge we recommend and pre-determine service levels, parking, food quality and cleanliness
- Undiscovered vantage points
- Video footage
- Welcome reception and open bar
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Extensively researched route planning: We know The Smoky Mountains like the back of our hands! And, all our routes are pre-planned to the mile – from surveying the road quality to assessing congestion and scoping scenery for photographic opportunities
- Enthusiasm, passion and knowledge: Spearheaded by self-driving specialist, Andy has participated in high-performance driving for over a decade and covered 10,000 miles of driving in The Great Smoky Mountains, alone.
- Branded welcome kit
- Camaraderie: Our events are as much about a specialized driving experience as they are the people. And, the friendships developed are often lasting so share your passion with like-minded sports car enthusiasts
We always kick-off with an early breakfast to fuel a full-day’s driving. By full we mean seven hours on the road. By design, you shouldn’t do more than eight, and by the time we’ve included fuel stops, lunch breaks and photo bombs, you’re looking at about five to six hours actual driving time. Any more than that, we’d be on our knees and thirsty for a cold one!
Before we drive, we cover safety checks and rules of the road. All our drives are carefully curated – with one RS Xperience representative in the lead and one at the sweep, so no one is left behind.
The short answer is like-minded, sportscar enthusiasts, much like you!
Our events include a balance between individuals, couples and pairs – could be your partner, friend or family member – with a passion for unpretentious, adrenaline-fueled driving experiences.
Absolutely! Typically, our events are made up of 2/3 couples and 1/3 singles. And by couples we mean spouse, partner, friend (over 16 years of age). Just no pets please (yes, people have been known to ask)!
If two sharing a car would like separate rooms, availability and additional charges apply.
If your partner is not a driving enthusiast and would like to remain at the accommodation, there are several things they can do including walking, hiking and enjoying the facilities.
It’s worth remembering that these events are about getting the most out of your sports car, learning specialized driving techniques and creating camaraderie, so we always limit participation to a maximum of twenty cars (some might be smaller in the case of boutique accommodation).
Although we implement stringent safety procedures to mitigate risk – such as inter-vehicle communication, a convoy system and avoiding built up areas – each driver is responsible for their own vehicle insurance, vehicle checks, AAA and roadside assistance. We recommend you get a pre-event vehicle inspection including tires, brake pads, brake fluid and general condition – taking a three-day mountain driving event of approximately 700 miles into account!
To sign up to an event, complete our short online inquiry form or book now form – after which our CEO – Andy Papa – will call you (within 48 hours), to discuss your requirements in more detail.
- Driver’s license
- Credit cards
- Bug spray
- Face masks and hand sanitizer
- Brimmed hat or baseball cap
And don’t forget to dress for the season. Our lodging locations are casual – so put away your sports coats and cocktail dresses but bring closed toed shoes for dinner and driving during the day!
It’s not uncommon for drivers who don’t normally suffer from motion sickness, to become more susceptible to it on the mountain roads. So, we’d suggest bringing an anti-nausea medication as a preventative measure, regardless. But, please validate it with your doctor first!
The short answer is, very changeable! Bring an outfit for every eventuality.
We’ve put together a little list of extra’s for you:
- Rain jacket
We drive (rain or shine) but naturally if the weather becomes dangerous, we reserve the right to cancel the day – to be fair, that doesn’t happen often!
We take both health and safety seriously. Considering Covid-19, we have implemented a number of practices and precautions, across the board. These include:
- Adherence to social distancing throughout the duration of the event
- Sanitization packs – including hand sanitizer and wipes
- Restaurant staff serving with masks
- Surface sanitizing wipes in each guest room
- Hospital grade disinfectant throughout the lodge
The cell phone service in the mountains tends to be intermittent, so we carry a satellite phone. The lodging does not have any landline phones, but does have WiFi. Cell service is better with Verizon than AT&T.
In addition, each car is fitted with a two-way radio system – enabling inter-car communication and changes such as traffic, obstacles, low fuel or rest stops. But besides the logistics and safety they are an endless source of entertaining banter!
Our rallies are open to owners of late model badged Audi R/RS, BMW M’s, Mercedes Benz AMG’s and Porsche Boxster, Cayman and 911, and are geared towards real drivers who aren’t averse to adding miles to the clock!
Our events start at $5,500 for double occupancy. A 50% non-refundable deposit is due at time of booking. The remainder is due 15 days prior to the start of the event. Deposits are transferable to another event within the same calendar year, if a cancellation is made more than 18 days in advance of your selected event start date. If you must cancel your participation inside the specified cancellation window (less than 28 days prior to start date), we regret that a deposit transfer is not possible. If RS Xperience has to cancel an event for any reason, you will be fully refunded.
- We limit our driving to under seven hours per day. Most days we will depart around 9:00am and return to the lodge between 4:00pm and 5:00pm. Most days will involve at least five-six hours of actual drive time, about 220 miles, and that will be broken up with fuel stops, lunch breaks and photo opportunities.
- Our routes are designed for maximum fun! By arriving back at our lodging in the late afternoon that will give you plenty of time to relax and unwind before dinner.